About the Fund
Akron Fusion Investment Partners is a $20M for-profit that makes seed or early-stage investments in Ohio’s most promising companies with significant potential to expand and grow while simultaneously generating profitable financial returns. The Fund will leverage the momentum and expertise already created through the success and experience of its management team, investors, local jobs created, capital raised, and availability of resources and facilities. Initial investments will typically target companies demonstrating high potential for success and growth; within the first 5 years of startup; and less than $1M in annual revenues. The Fund anticipates providing cash-on-cash returns of 2-3 times investment and a goal of greater than 20% IRR with all capital deployed within 3-5 years.
- Geography The Fund will invest in companies within a 4-hour radius of Akron, Ohio with a preference for the greater Akron region.
- Industry Focus The Fund will primarily invest in companies in the advanced materials, technology, and life science industries.
- Return Potential Firms considered for investment should have the potential to obtain a minimum of 5X return on invested capital.
- Business Stage The Fund will invest at the seed or early stage. Funding per company is anticipated to range from $100k to $1M per investment.
- Number of Companies for Investment 15-20
- Projected Potential for Follow-On Funding $200-$250M